5/6/12

Sunday Inspiration: Servant or Advisor?


Dan Delzell, a Luthern minister, gently chides fellow believers.

He asks, "What about you? Are you God's servant, or His advisor?

If I am God's advisor, I just need to get Him to see things my way. After all, it all revolves around me. My agenda. My goals. My schedule. My plan."

Me. Me. Me. I. I. I. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Narcissists (or Joel Osteenites) be warned: Christianity is all about self-denial.

Matthew 16:24 records Jesus' words, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

Difficult? Yup. Impossible? Not with God's grace. And there's a blessing for those who elect to live by faith: "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it" (Matthew 10:39).

Read Pastor Delzell's column. It will cause pilgrims committed to making spiritual progress to knowingly smile.

In the photo: Indian Mission Church near downtown Petoskey (in the foggy weather)

No comments: